Date & Time: Wednesdays, 6:30 -8:00 p.m. Beginning April 14, 2021.
Membership will be capped at 8 people. The group will meet through May 12th with an option to extend until the end of May.
Cost: Pay what you can! (Suggested donation, if financially able, $20 per session)
Virtual Zoom Meeting
Adolescence can be a hard time for both teens and parents and as we know all too well, there is no manual! So much changes so quickly in a teens inner and outer worlds. These changes not only affect how the teen feels about themself, but also impact your relationship with your teen and can shake up the entire family dynamic. Additionally, we know that teens need and crave independence and we also know that they need us more than ever… but in very different ways than they did when they were younger. What’s a parent to do? Let’s support us together, through this dynamic stage. This group will allow time for us to connect as moms and share experiences, expertise, and support in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
Topics will be generated by the group on a weekly basis and may include:
- The effects of COVID-19 on our teens’ academic engagement and social interactions
- creating space for open and honest conversations with your teen while still maintaining parental boundaries
- supporting your teens desire for independence while balancing your thoughts on their readiness for more responsibility
- helping your teen develop self-advocacy and identifying when it’s time for a parent to step in and intervene
- knowing when it’s time to get help for your teen (or you) and how to approach that process
- addressing, supporting and celebrating, one another as we recognize Mother’s Day and explore the complex feelings that may arise around this holiday.
Group facilitator will use experiential techniques, psychoeducation and Internal Family Systems (IFS) “parts work” to build cohesion and connection, process shared experiences, and help instill confidence as we navigate this journey together.
If you are interested in joining this moms’ group, please contact Lauren at 267-713-2621 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Lauren will schedule a short call with each participant to assess eligibility.
Disclaimer: This is a peer support group for community members, not a therapy group. If you are looking for therapy services, please let us know and we can offer referrals.