Scott Giacomucci, MSS, LCSW, CTTS, CET III, CP, PAT is the Director and Founder of the Phoenix Center for Experiential Trauma Therapy. Scott is also the Program Administrator for the Phoenix Center’s Continuing Education programs. In addition to his trainer role the Phoenix Center, he also is an internationally certified trainer with Therapeutic Spiral International and has taught as an adjunct professor at Bryn Mawr College’s master’s in social work program. Scott is also certified through the International Society of Experiential Professionals as an experiential therapist, trainer, and supervisor (CET III; ACT; AES).
He holds the role of Director of Experiential Trauma Services at Mirmont Treatment Center serving a variety of populations including young adults and emergency responders (veterans, police, fire, etc..) in both individual therapy and group sessions. He played an instrumental role in the development of Mirmont’s trauma and experiential programming.
Scott has a gentle, non-judgmental treatment approach that honors the inherent worth of each individual. He utilizes a blend of treatment modalities including both traditional talk therapy and experiential therapy which have been research-proven as the treatment of choice for treating trauma. He has developed notable skill and experience working with Death, Loss, and Grieving; Sexual Abuse; Relational Trauma; Military or Work-related Trauma; Childhood Trauma and Attachment; Single-Incident Traumatic events; Anxiety and Depression
Scott also provides professional training, supervision, and EMDR consultation upon request.
Scott holds the following credentials:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Pennsylvania
- Masters in Social Services from Bryn Mawr College (MSS)
- Certified Trauma Treatment Specialist (CTTS)
- Diplomate of the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress (DAAETS)
- Certified Experiential Therapist/Trainer (CET III)
- Approved Certified Trainer (ACT) in Experiential
- Approved Experiential Supervisor (AES)
- Board Certified Practitioner of Sociometry, Psychodrama, and Group Psychotherapy
- Practitioner Applicant for Trainer (PAT)
- International Certification in Experiential Trauma Therapy -Therapeutic Spiral International (TSI)
- TSI Trainer; Team Leader; Assistant Leader; and Trained Auxiliary Ego
- Certified Practitioner of EMDR
- EMDR Consultant in Training (CIT)
Here are links to Scott’s Bios on other pages:
Scott holds professional memberships in:
- The American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- The Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists
- International Society of Experiential Professionals
- The American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama
- Delaware Valley Psychodrama Collective
- International Association for Group Psychotherapy and Group Processes
- EMDR International Association
- Pennsylvania Society for Clinical Social Work
- National Association of Social Workers
- International Association for Social Work with Groups
My mission is to help contribute to well-being in our world by fostering a sense of safety where healing can take place and empowering us to be the best versions of ourselves. I feel very blessed to bear witness to change and transformation in others (and myself!) everyday through my work. As we develop a therapeutic relationship – the safe container for our work, we will come to a better understanding of the concerns that brought you to therapy, as well as your strengths that will support your desired change. In the therapist role, I experience myself as a companion on your journey within. Together, we will remove the barriers between you, your personal goals, and your inherent ability to heal yourself.