Scott has been recognized by the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress as a Fellow – the highest status in the academy. In 2021, he was inducted as an official listee in the original Marquis Who’s Who in America. He is also Board-Certified as a Diplomate in Clinical Social Work. He has been elected to a second term as a member of the Executive Council of the American Society of Group Psychotherapy & Psychodrama and an advisory board member of the International Society of Experiential Professionals. Scott co-chairs the ASGPP Research Committee and is a founding member of the Sociatry & Social Justice Committee. He is Co-Chief-Editor of the Journal of Psychodrama, Sociometry, and Group Psychotherapy. He is a Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP) and internationally certified trainer with Therapeutic Spiral International. Scott teaches trauma-focused psychodrama as an adjunct professor and research associate at Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work & Social Research as well as Villanova University’s graduate counseling program. He is also certified through the International Society of Experiential Professionals as an experiential therapist, trainer, and supervisor (CET III; ACT; AES).
He holds the role of Director of Experiential Trauma Services at Mirmont Treatment Center serving a variety of populations including young adults and emergency responders (veterans, police, fire, etc..) in both individual therapy and group sessions. He played an instrumental role in the development of Mirmont and Mainline Health’s trauma and experiential programming over the past decade. Scott has a gentle, non-judgmental treatment approach that honors the inherent worth of each individual. He utilizes a blend of treatment modalities including both traditional talk therapy and experiential therapy which many are suggesting as the treatment of choice for trauma. He has developed notable skill and experience working with Death, Loss, and Grieving, Traumatic Loss, Sexual Abuse, Relational Trauma, PTSD, CPTSD, Military or Work-related Trauma, Childhood Trauma, Single-Incident Traumatic events, Anxiety, and Depression.
Scott also provides professional training, supervision, and EMDR consultation upon request. His teaching philosophy is rooted in experiential teaching pedagogy leveraging group dynamics and mutual aid within the the classroom or training group to empower each attendee. Rather than only lecturing from a powerpoint, Scott develops creative teaching structures that promote critical thinking, reflection, and direct encounter with the content being taught.
Scott’s academic work has included research, writing, editing, and university teaching. More details, such as past presentations and publications, available in CV/Resume: View Scott’s Complete CV/Resume Here
“Scott’s book is an important and necessary addition to the field about the specific aspects of psychodrama to a trauma-informed knowledge base on the uses of the dramatic arts in treatment as well as the implications of this work for organizations and for leaders.” -Sandra, L. Bloom, MD
“This is truly an important contribution to the literature that firmly establishes the connection between Moreno’s triadic system and the social work field.” -Tian Dayton, PhD, TEP,
- Doctorate in Clinical Social Work (DSW) from University of Pennsylvania (dissertation here)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Pennsylvania and Delaware
- Masters in Social Services from Bryn Mawr College (MSS)
- Board-Certified Diplomat in Clinical Social Work (BCD)
- Board Certified Trainer, Educator, & Practitioner of Sociometry, Psychodrama, and Group Psychotherapy (TEP)
- Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP)
- Certified Trauma Treatment Specialist (CTTS)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress (FAAETS)
- Certified Experiential Therapist (CET III); Approved Certified Trainer (ACT) in Experiential; Approved Experiential Supervisor (AES)
- International Certification in Experiential Trauma Therapy -Therapeutic Spiral International (TSI) – TSI Trainer; Team Leader; Assistant Leader; and Trained Auxiliary Ego
- Certified Practitioner & Certified Consultant of EMDR
Scott holds professional memberships in:
- The American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- The Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists
- International Society of Experiential Professionals
- The American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama
- Delaware Valley Psychodrama Collective
- International Association for Group Psychotherapy and Group Processes
- American Group Psychotherapy Association
- EMDR International Association
- Pennsylvania Society for Clinical Social Work
- National Association of Social Workers
- International Association for Social Work with Groups
“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” -Rumi
Scott does not have availability for new psychotherapy clients.
Scott’s fee for organizational consultation or clinical training varies based on the nature of the organization, travel distance, number of participants, type of training, and workshop content. Workshops are individualized to meet your organizational needs/preferences with fees ranging from $475-1250/hour or $2250-7500/day. *Reduced cost offerings are provided to non-profit organizations and international communities on a limited basis. Scott@PhoenixTraumaCenter.com